The aims of the Arts Gold Awards are to:
- Encourage excellence in visual arts by Central Otago artists.
- Showcase the best of current visual arts from Central Otago artists exhibited alongside their contemporaries from around NZ.
- Provide an opportunity for dialogue about visual arts in Central Otago.
- Expose Central Otago audiences to excellent artworks.
- To build on the Central Otago Arts Strategy of creating Central Otago as an arts destination.
ARTS GOLD AWARDS 2019 - Key Dates
10pm Friday 1st August
Entries close for the Arts Gold Awards. All entries must be received and entry fees paid before 10pm. The selection process follows.
5pm Friday 16th August
All finalists selected for the Arts Gold Awards will be notified via email and listed on this website. Selected artists must then pack and deliver their work to Central Stories to arrive not later than 4pm Monday 4th September.
4pm Friday 30th August
Finalists art work must be delivered between 10 am & 4pm between Thursday 31st August and Monday 4th September to Central Stories Museum and Art Gallery, 21 Centennial Avenue, Alexandra.
5:30pm, Friday 27th September
Arts Gold Awards Finalists Exhibition Opening Event from 5.30pm. Judges will announce the Arts Gold Award 2017 winners at 6pm in the Russell Henderson Gallery, Central Stories Museum and Art Gallery, Centennial Avenue, Alexandra.
Sunday 17th September - Sunday 19th November
Arts Gold Awards Exhibition open to the public at Central Stories Museum and Art Gallery and works can be viewed from 10am - 4pm daily.
4pm Sunday 8th November
Monday 11th November - Friday 29th November
Artists or couriers must collect unsold works from Central Stories Museum and Art Gallery between 10am - 4pm. Artwork not collected by 4th December will incur a storage fee of $20 per week or part thereof.
To download the Arts Gold Awards 2019 Terms and Conditions click HERE
To download the Arts Gold Awards 2019 Entry Form click HERE
For further information email email@example.com